4. All About Insects (And Why They Matter)
Did you know that only 1% of the approximately 1 million insects we’ve identified are a threat to us, our pets, or the things we grow? Yep. Just 1%. That means the other 99% fall into one of two other categories: beneficial or neutral.
Understanding insects can help us re-evaluate our attitudes and actions toward them, and when it comes to earth friendly gardening, overcoming bug biases to see them for what they are is essential!
If you're listening to this episode before May 22, 2017, you can participate in the Backyard Ecosystem Challenge to win free access to my online course, Gardening to Attract Birds & Butterflies! The challenge is accessible via The Earth Friendly Garden Patreon community for anyone that joins at the Apprentice Gardener level or above.
- 5 Ways You Can Fight Back Against Invasives
- What We Can Do to Stop Invasive Species
- The Impacts of Invasive Species
- Firewood and Invasive Insects
- Common Beneficial Insects (United States)
- Gardening to Attract Birds & Butterflies (Online Course)
- Effective, Earth Friendly Pest Control (Online Course)
- The Designer's Notebook
- Patreon Community
- Get Free Gardening Goodies